GFRC Columns from GC Products
GFRC, or glass fiber reinforced concrete, is a material used in architectural design and the exterior alternative to GFRG. It is quickly becoming one of the most popular materials used in modern building design, and It is sought after due to its durability, flexibility, customization, and weather resistance.
GFRC is used for many different types of applications. Yet it is especially popular as a column cover. GFRC columns provide consistent designs, outstanding longevity, and cost-efficient installation making it one of the best choices for your next design project.
At GC Products Inc., we create both standard and custom GFRC columns for essentially any type of property. Our pre-made molds for columns range from 8 inches all the way up to 48 inches, and we have the ability to create unique and fascinating designs according to your exact specifications. Contact us today at 916-645-3870, or fill out our form for more information.
Why Choose GFRC Columns from GC Products Inc.?
Glass fiber reinforced concrete provides the support and elegance you need for any outdoor structure. It is incredibly versatile and can be poured clean into custom molds and designs to match any type of architectural style. Our GFRC column covers are crafted to your project, giving you a design that matches your vision.
We can create:
- GFRC Doric Columns
- GFRC Ionic Columns
- GFRC Corinthian Columns
- GFRC Egyptian Columns
- Modern GFRC Columns, and More
With over 20 years of experience, we have become one of the nation’s leading GFRC and GFRG manufacturers. We supply GFRC columns to any type of property, with products crafted for:
- Outdoor Malls
- Government Buildings, and more
GFRC offers design and durability at a fraction of the cost of other columns such as wood, marble, and plaster. The glass fiber reinforced concrete also weighs significantly less than normal concrete making installation much simpler and shipping costs cheaper.
Benefits of GFRC Columns
GFRC is quickly becoming the most popular choice for architectural columns because it offers several advantages over competing column material. Some of these advantages include:
- Weatherproof – GFRC columns, as an outdoor material, need to withstand the elements. GFRC provides that resistance, as it is waterproof, fireproof, and extremely durable. Concrete also acts as a thermal regulator, which means these column covers are capable of protecting the material inside of the column and extending the lifespan of the property.
- Design Freedom – GFRC pours clean into molds and dries consistent each and every time. Because of the flexibility of the material, it is possible to create a custom GFRC column design that matches your property, as well as ensure that all columns are identical in both shape and size. GFRC is also paint-grade, so additional customization is possible.
- Lightweight – GFRC is a fraction of the weight of regular concrete. This reduces installation costs, while also reducing shipping and maintenance costs as well. GFRC is also one of the few lightweight materials that does not sacrifice any durability, as this reinforced material can withstand considerable pressure before experiencing damage.
- Eco-friendly – GFRC columns use less concrete, making it a less energy intensive material. We also use recycled products whenever possible, and GFRC is made up of only renewable ingredients, allowing your design to reduce its environmental footprint compared to wet-cast concrete products.
- Low Maintenance – The products are manufactured to require minimal structural support and don’t need any form of intensive maintenance procedures. They also don’t strain the foundation and are easy to clean.
- Economical – GFRC is much more cost effective than other materials, while also allowing for considerable customization. We have standardized options available as well for lower cost projects.
At GC Products, Inc. Our skilled GFRC engineering team and fabricators will work hard to make sure our products meet your exact specifications, and that your final design is capable of providing you with these great benefits.
Contact GC Products Inc for GFRC Column Covers Today
There are many column cover options. GFRC is by far one of the best solutions, and the top company to produce GFRC products is GC Products Inc. Learn more about our GFRC columns or receive a quote by contacting us today.
FAQs About GFRC and GFRC Columns
Q: What is GFRC?
A: GFRC is shorthand for glass fiber reinforced concrete. The material is composed of concrete and aggregate which are typically crushed stone and minerals. It is then reinforced with glass fiber to provide tensile and flexible strength, along with polymers to improve toughness.
Q: Can GFRC be painted?
A: Yes. Our products are finished in a standard white and are ready to be painted upon installation.
Q: How wide can you make these GFRC columns?
A: Our columns can be stacked seamlessly to create any height column you may need. We also offer standard column molds ranging from an 8 inch to a 48 inch diameter and height up to 12 feet at a lower cost. Our custom columns are also some of the most affordable in the industry.