Attractive Doors Surrounds from a Company with Exceptional Service
GFRC is replacing most other construction materials when it comes to ornamental features. It is versatile, can be shaped into any design, and comes at a fraction of the cost and weight of carved stone and masonry work. One area where GFRC really succeeds is in decorative door surrounds.
At GC Products Inc., we are an industry leader in producing GFRG and GFRC architectural elements for properties throughout the country. Door moldings are one of the many design features that we can fabricate for new developments and properties undergoing a remodel. Choose from an existing mold, work with one of our in-house engineers, or bring your own designs. Whatever your requirements, call us at 916.645.3870 for more information.
Why Use GC Products for Your GFRC Door Surrounds
Glass fiber reinforced concrete, often called GFRC or GFC in the architectural and construction industries, is made by mixing fiberglass and other aggregates into standard cement. The glass provides support without all the weight and makes the surface more resilient. The GFRC also has infinite shaping options since it is easily moldable.
GC Products uses the latest technology to fabricate GFRC facades. From CAD software to CNC routers, we can design a mold to precise specifications and our talented team can cast the GFRC for a flawless product. We have over 20 years of experience in these techniques and technologies, during which time we have designed for residential and commercial properties including:
- Hotels, Casinos, and Resorts
- Malls and Retail Properties
- Government Buildings
- Office Buildings
- Historical Properties
While door surrounds are most popular at these property types, this list is far from conclusive. We have the capability to design a door surround in sizes ranging from a modest double door to a grand entryway. We also work with GFRG, a similar material which uses gypsum instead of concrete and is an ideal alternative for interior door surrounds.
Benefits of GFRC in Door Surround Design
Exterior door molding was traditionally brick, carved stone, or stone blocks. We are capable of crafting door surrounds from GFRC to imitate all of these materials, while you also receive additional benefits from the GFRC, including:
- Customizable Shapes – We can fabricate squared door surrounds and arched door surrounds, and the molding itself can incorporate various shapes to match other design elements on the property.
- Moldings and Carvings – Many door moldings will integrate carvings or bas relief for additional ornamentation. We can use GFRC for intricate artistic elements, utilizing computer technology to create molds.
- Waterproof – GFRC is waterproof, making it suitable for outdoor or indoor use. For interior door surrounds, GFRG is also an option.
- Damage Resistant – In addition to being waterproof, GFRC resists cracking, chipping, scratching, and other damage. It is also fire resistant. A GFRC door surround will last for decades with minimal maintenance.
- Convenient Shipping and Installation – At a fraction of the weight of precast concrete or stone, GFRC is inexpensive to ship and can be installed without special equipment.
- Environmentally Friendly – We use natural minerals and recycled materials in our manufacturing process. Combined with the long lifespan of GFRC door molding, choosing GFRC is an effectively “green” option.
We offer door surrounds in several standard designs, but we can also custom make the molds specifically for your project to create GFRC door surrounds that match your needs. Contact us today at 916.645.3870 or by sending a message through the online contact form so that we can get started with fabricating your GFRC door surrounds.