Whether you are upgrading an existing property or constructing a new one, and working in residential construction or commercial, there are a range of building standards you need to meet to be sure that your property is safe. Additional building standards can help you design properties that are also eco-friendly.
Access panels are one of the key places where you need to meet building codes and GFRG access panels make it possible to do this without sacrificing appearance. At GC Products, our GFRG production process gives you an access panel that is both aesthetic and highly functional, while also meeting all the building standards relevant for your property.
Access Panels to Satisfy Your Building Codes
With many decades of experience in GFRG manufacturing, GC products has built a reputation for delivering high quality solutions for any property. One of the ways we do this is with access panels that meet all of the following standards:
- Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) emissions as required by the California Department of Public Health 2017 requirement, one of the most stringent standards for VOCs.
- ASTM E 84 flame spread index of 0.
- ASTM E 84 Smoke index of 5.
- ASTM E 84 Class A rating.
- LEED certification compatible with a composition that relies on recycled materials.
- Fastener test pull out 250 pounds for metal studs and 525 pounds for wood studs.
The ASTM E 84 requirements mean that the panels can prevent smoke and flame spread for a building that is fire safe.
With a wide range of access panels available from GC Products in different sizes, you can also meet the building codes that require you to have access panels in certain locations, such as attics, or to provide access to a HVAC, fire sprinkler systems, electrical systems, and more.
In addition to our range of standard sizes of GFRG access panels that will meet standard building code requirements, GC Products also has the ability to customize access panels if you need to meet a specific building code in your construction. Contact us today to place your access panel order.